Wednesday, March 23, 2011

White chocolates with pecan and marshmallows



I wish I could say I invented this recipe, but alas, I only found it in an American cookbook. That doesn't stop me from serving it at every party: it's my signature dish. And each time, people ask me for the recipe. So, here you go:


The ingredients
  • 400 grams of white chocolate
  • 100 grams of salted pecan nuts
  • a handful of American white marshmallows, in small bits
  • a lump of butter
1. Roast the pecan nuts in some butter. When roasted, let them cool off. Crush the pecan nuts in small bits (I always put the nuts in a small plastic bag and smash them with a hard wooden object.)

2. Cut the marshmallows in small parts. 

3. Put the marshmallows and the pecan nuts in a with bakery paper covered baking dish. 

4. Melt the white chocolate "au-bain-marie" and pour the warm chocolate over the pecan nuts and marshmallows.

5. Put the baking dish in the fridge for at least three hours, until the chocolate has become hard.

6. Cut the chocolate with a sharp knife into small parts; each part should contain both pecan nuts and marshmallows.


Bob's your uncle!

No comments:

Post a Comment