Wednesday, May 16, 2012

5 things to make life easier

It has been a while since I posted my last Daily Kaat article. These last few weeks I've been busy juggling a hectic working schedule with a family & social life. The good side of it is that it gave me inspiration for my next article: how to make life easier. I've come up with five products and services that will help you organizing your daily life:

1.  The Cozi Family Calender
Cozi is a website that arranges all kinds of family life stuff. I especially like the Cozi Family Calender, which registers all my and my husband's appointments. It's online, so we can update the calender from our own computers. You can even synchronize it with your Microsoft Outlook and you receive a handy weekly update by email every Sunday.


Besides the Family Calender, you can also find recipes, shopping lists and to do lists on Cozi.

2. Hello Fresh

If you don't have time to do groceries and cook after work, Hello Fresh can help you out. At the beginning of the week, Hello Fresh chooses the recipes for you, does your groceries and even brings them to your house. The only thing you have to do is prepare the food. I tried it out a couple of times at my friend's house and was surprised how good the food was. The recipes are varied and healthy and really fresh.


The way it works is you first choose if you want three recipes per week (€39) or five recipes per week (€49) and for two, four (+ €40) or six persons (+ €80). Once ordered, Hello Fresh delivers the groceries at your home. All recipes are easy to make, within 30 minutes. Vegetarian groceries and recipes are also available.

At the moment Hello Fresh is operating in the Netherlands (but only in the big cities for now), France and the UK.

Dutch website: www.hellofresh.nl
French website: www.hellofresh.fr

3. Evernote

I used to keep a little book in my bag to write down everything I had to remember, from fashion tips to my daily groceries. Now, I have Evernote. 


Evernote is a program you can download on your computer and mobile, which stores all your notes. You can even include pictures and audio to it. Since it's online, you can access it wherever you are and it automatically synchronizes.

You can download Evernote from www.evernote.com.


4. Pinterest

If you, like me, like to collect pictures and make mood boards, you'll definitely like Pinterest! It may sound a bit similar to Evernote, but the big difference is that Pinterest is for pictures only and Evernote for, duhhh, notes. 


Before I started using Pinterest, I stored all the pretty pictures I found on the internet on my computer. Besides the fact they ate up all my storage, my computer became a mess. Now, when I spot a great picture, I simply "Pin" it to one of my mood boards on Pinterest. And without downloading the picture! 

More information on www.pinterest.com.

5. Madaga's Baby Food

One of my friends suggested this next and last product: Madaga. It's healthy baby food, prepared by a professional nutritionist; the kid's version of Hello Fresh!


If you live in the Netherlands, you can order dinners for babies from 4 to 12 months and older. Prizes range from €21 to €49, including delivery costs. They deliver wherever you want, at home, your office or baby daycare. 

Find this online caterer for the little ones on www.madaga.nl.



No comments:

Post a Comment