Sunday, March 25, 2012

Yummie Crumbs

When I was studying at the University of Amsterdam I was always looking for different places to eat than the student restaurant. Luckily, my faculty was located in the centre of Amsterdam, so alternatives were plenty. But although I had my favorites (Gartine, Harkema, De Jaren and Singel 404), I always thought a good sandwich store was missing. Then last week I went for a spin in my alma mater neighborhood and was surprised to see a new lunch venue had opened: De Laatste Kruimel (The Last Crumb).


What a pity this place didn't exist in my university days! At De Laatste Kruimel you can buy sandwiches, sweet and savoury pies, cakes, scones and all other kinds of delicacies to get you through the (study) day. The tuna sandwich I ordered was very tasteful. And everything was homemade, even the bread.



De Laatste Kruimel 
Langebrugsteeg 4
Amsterdam
www.delaatstekruimel.nl
Facebook: De laatste kruimel

No comments:

Post a Comment